Quick Review of Eye Charm Lash and Lid Adhesive
This is going to be a super-quick post for false eyelash wearers. You might have heard of this brand of very strong lash adhesive commonly bought from eBay, called Eye Charm.
- Brand: Marie Beauty
- Name: Eye Charm Adhesive
- Price: Varies from US$2 - 6.99 for a 7ml tube from eBay or Lightinthebox.com (If you can get it for under $7-8 including shipping, go for it)
- Appearance: Pale mint green tube with silver cap and black curvy heart stamped on the length.
- Doubles as: Double-lid glue
Note: There are tons of alternatives bearing the same name and very similar packaging but with a different logo. I have not tried any of the alternatives outside of the main brand, Marie Beauty, but I strongly suspect these are like the 88 and 120 palettes. One or two manufacturers make them, everybody else buys them and stamps on their own labels.
- Easy to apply a paint-on lash-glue, so you don’t need to fiddle with a squeeze tube. This means it is super-convenient if you need to touch up in the middle of the day, and you have much lower risk of wasting product by squeezing too much out.
- No drying time. You don’t need to wait and guess if your glue has dried enough. This is ready to stick on pretty much once it’s applied.
- Super strong. This seriously is stronger than DUO glue, and it will really hang on to your lash bands for a longer period of time than conventional glues.
- Cheap and widely available online.
- Works much better than the paint-on adhesive from Ardell.
(Look above using Eye Charm)
- Weird chemical smell (it disappears once it dries, but some people might hate it)
- Might be too strong for some. It’s extremely hard to remove from your lid at the end of the day.
- Very long shipping times mostly. This is manufactured in China and sold mostly either from China or Hong Kong, so expect to wait 2-3 weeks or even longer sometimes.
I don’t need to apply as much of this glue as I do regular DUO adhesive, which means your lash glue won’t look very obvious and thick. It also lasts for hours without the corners of lashes popping up.
It’s so strong that your lid can feel a little uncomfortable at times, and it is extremely hard to remove even with makeup remover, but the product itself has never caused any sensitive reaction, burning or itching.
If you have very oily lids or your lid glue tends not to work for long, this is a very good option to try as long as you can stand the smell at the start!
This holds paper lashes like nothing else. Paper lashes need to point diagonally upwards so that can be tricky with a glue that isn’t strong. This just makes the whole process so much quicker and easier.